BSc Forensic Science
B.Sc. Forensic Sciences is a 3 year graduate course which involves the application of scientific knowledge to the investigation of crimes. Professionals in this discipline apply their knowledge of science to analyze the evidence found at a crime scene. The discipline involves crime- scene investigation including fire and explosion scenes and drug laboratories. It is chiefly laboratory-based science consisting of related elements of Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology, Ballistics, the Science of Fingerprinting.
Duration 3 Years / Six Semesters
ELIGIBILITY: 10 + 2 passed (any stream – science or arts) in a recognized university (or equivalent) is the minimum educational qualification.
- To emphasize the importance of scientific methods in crime detection.
- To disseminate information on the advancements in the field of forensic science.
- To highlight the importance of forensic science for perseverance of the society.
- To review the steps necessary for achieving highest excellence in forensic science.
- To generate talented human resource, commensurate with latest requirements of forensic science.
- To provide a platform for students and forensic scientists to exchange views, chalk-out collaborative programs and work in a holistic manner for the advancement of forensic science.