BSc – Forensic Science
B.Sc. Forensic Sciences is a 3 years graduate course involving application of scientific knowledge to the investigation of different types of crimes. Professionals apply their knowledge of Forensic science to analyse the evidence found at a crime scene-be it virtual crimes (Cyber) or physical crimes (murder, theft, forgery etc). The discipline involves crime- scene investigation including fire, cyber, fraud, murder, narcotics and many more. It is chiefly laboratory-based science consisting of Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Toxicology, Ballistics, Cyber, the Science of Fingerprinting and many more.
Duration 3 Years / Six Semesters
ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 or Equivalent (Science Stream)
- To emphasize the importance of scientific methods in crime detection.
- To disseminate information on the advancements in the field of forensic science.
- To highlight the importance of forensic science for perseverance of the society.
- To review the steps necessary for achieving highest excellence in forensic science.
- To generate talented human resource, commensurate with latest requirements of forensic science.
- To provide a platform for students and forensic scientists to exchange views, chalk-out collaborative programs and work in a holistic manner for the advancement of forensic science.