B.Com. Tourism & Travel Management
It is a three year degree program on vocational training on travel and tourism spread over six semesters affiliated to Bangalore University. This programme prepares the students to explore the core concepts in commerce and management with a special focus on travel and tourism, globally travel and tourism is one of the fastest growing industry as well as in the country . On these ground the curriculum furnishes practical sessions, field visits and internship programmes to have a comprehensive skill set and idea about this discipline, the three year programme equips them for a career in commerce and management along with travel and tourism industry by empowering them with competent skills as per the industry requirement. apply now
Duration 3 Years / Six Semesters
ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 / Pre University Course/Equivalent.
- To give comprehensive idea of functional areas of business, travel and tourism.
- To confer certain skills that will help them to organize travel and tourism business.
- To inculcate professional standards among students as per the requirements of the ever changing travel & tourism industry.
- To sharpen students’ analytical and decision making skills.
- To organize regular industrial visits and tours for hands on experience and up-gradation of skills.
- To prepare the students for professions in the fields of Accountancy- Chartered Accountancy, Cost and management accountancy.
- To develop their personality and make them responsible citizens with greater awareness about tourism business.
- To expose the activities of travel and tourism industry to the students.
- State level Tourism Fest
- Study Tour (National)
- Organizing workshops and seminars related to travel & tourism
- Celebration of World Tourism Day
- Kite competition
- Visit to exhibitions and fairs( IITM-India International Travel Mart and TTF-Travel and Tourism Fair)
- Visit to Centers of Culture & Heritage
- Industrial Tour
- Regular programme with experts from the academia and industry